Monday, June 30, 2014

Lots of Goodbyes‏

Well, I think I'll start at the beginning of the week.  I don't know if any of you knew this, but our area in Boise East, was actually the 3rd biggest area in the whole Boise mission.... the only thing is, 90% of it was uninhabited.  There is a big chunk that we spend all of our time in, and then 20 miles of desert and nothing, and then at the very tippy bottom of the area, there are like a couple dozen houses that no one ever visits.... ever. Anyway, we had a few extra miles this week, so we decided to venture out.  To sum up the experience, now we realize why no one ever goes down there.  I'll attach some pictures, so you can see what I mean.  The most exciting parts of the trip were getting lost, running out of road, and meeting some livestock.  It was actually a pretty good day. Also, I decided where I want to live.  I all but picked out my lot.
   The rest of the week was relatively uneventful.... at least compared to Saturday and Sunday! On Saturday, we waited around for transfer calls.  When they came, I found out that I was going to STAR!! (I don't expect you to know where that is.)  I also learned that I was going to be in another tripanionship... I guess I'm such a trouble missionary that one companion can't handle me ;)  Kidding. We have a few theories about why they put us together. We'll just have to see.  Anyway, right after we got the call, we instantly became super busy.  We knew we were talking in church in both wards, so we would see all the active members, but we wanted to let the less-actives know that I was leaving. It was wonderful because I got to bear my testimony so many times of the truthfulness of the gospel. It was a great day. Then, Saturday night, we went across the street to the Accordinos to help them with yard work, and I found a new friend! His name was Humphrey, and he was a caterpillar/inchworm.  He was adorable, and he ended up getting his own photo shoot in the daisies...........
   Sunday, we spoke twice.  It was ok.  I also announced over the pulpit that I was leaving, so everyone was trying to catch us after the meeting to ask where I was going and who the new sister would be.  It was intense.  Thankfully, there was a Linger Longer for the Oregon Trail ward, and I got a lot of pictures with people before I had to leave.  By this point, I was getting stressed out thinking about packing and everything, so a family invited us over in the evening to sing.  It was awesome. We just stood around the piano and sand hymns for like 30 minutes. It felt just like home and helped calm me down a little so I could concentrate on packing.  
   This morning I got shipped out to Star with my new companions, and I love it already.  I know that I am going to have so much fun. Sister Roundy was actually in the MTC with me, and Sister Kingsolver was trained by Sister Thompson!!  Crazy connections. I think we're gonna get along great.  Also, I had an epiphany today that each of my areas have bordered the mission. Odd. I've never been in the middle.  Oh well.
Love you dearly,
Sister Pratt
Temple Trip pictures


the edge of our area....


we made some new friends....... llama or alpaca? 


"Don't you think daisies are the friendliest flower?"


 

No comments:

Post a Comment