Saturday, June 21, 2014

idontknowwhattoputinthesubjectline‏ 6/9/2014

   So I will just start right off with a cool experience that we had! I don't know if it was this week or a week past (they kind of blend together).  As missionaries, we take a couple hours each month to cruise mormon.org, and up until this transfer, I didn't really know why we were supposed to use it.  Obviously, I would try to update my own profile, in case someone wandered on it sometime, but mostly, I just would watch the videos of other people and explore the different resources.  For me, it was kind of just "fun" time.
   Flash forward: We are talking to this less-active lady, and I'm trying to figure out in my mind what she needed to hear.  I just kept listening to her, thinking something would come up.  Then, she started talking about the experience she and her husband had trying to have kids. She talked about how hard it was and explained that her one son was actually adopted.  All of a sudden, I remembered a video that I had watched.... mormon.org/chance 
   The people on the video talked about the very thing she had been struggling with! I knew that it was the right video we needed to show her. After she watched it, we were able to have a great discussion about the hand of God in our lives.  It turned out to be a really productive visit, when at first, I had no idea what we would say to her! You all need to watch the video, btw, it's a keeper. 
   In other news, we have 2 investigators with baptismal dates! Miracles happen! The work is hastening, and I love it. I hope you all have a safe and blessed week.  I was inspired by the reminder of Grandpa Edwards praying for each member of the family, and I have tried to do the same! You all are in my prayers. Hay que tener fe.
Sister Pratt
 

No comments:

Post a Comment