Tuesday, April 8, 2014

I just finished one of the craziest weekends of my mission.‏

My weekend was crazy for 2 reasons.  

1) General Conference--which was the most amazing one that I've ever watched! Everyone says that General Conference is different on your mission, and they're so right!! You just get so much more out of it!  I absolutely LOVED it, and I took rigorous notes for most of the sessions.  I was planning to share all the insights with you in my email today, but alas, I forgot my notes.  I'm pretty bummed because I had a lot to share, but I'll attempt to share what I remember.  
How cool was it that President Eyring shared that story about Heinrich Eyring! I was so touched when I found out that one of my Great Great Great Grandpas was converted by a pamphlet that my other Great Great Great Grandpa wrote! Small world, huh?  I loved the talk overall, though.  It really touched me about making and keeping covenants.  I felt like that was a theme this Conference, and it was particularly applicable with Robin's trip to the temple! 
Another talk I LOVED was Elder Ballard's---Preach My Gospel is just as wonderful as he says it is!!  If you have any questions about it, let me know, and I will try to do my best.  As a mission, a couple months ago we were challenged to read PMG everyday.  It has been such a blessing in my life, and I've gotten to know it pretty well! (Although I've got a lot more to learn.)  Elder Ballard's talk also made me want to hear about all of your missionary experiences! Write me about them if you get the chance!  I know you are all feeling worn out from the challenges and everything, so don't put it on your check list of things to do... I would want it to be an uplifting experience, not one to bog you down.
That brings me to another thing I loved from Conference.  Sister Stevens said something to the effect of, "The Gospel isn't weight; it is wings. It carries us."  I think this is such a simple quote, and yet I think it is very profound.  There are so many things we are asked and encouraged to do in the church. So many people get "burned out" from a calling or service, but that isn't how it's supposed to work.  You should allow the gospel and the church to ease your burdens!  (Which also ties into Elder Bednar's talk).  
I was also so touched by President Packer's precious and simple testimony.  I know that we will be able to cherish that for years to come.  There are so many other things I enjoyed this weekend, but I don't remember them all, and even if I did, I wouldn't have time to write them. I might include more thoughts from Conference in my upcoming emails, as they become applicable.

2) Transfer calls--Yes. Right in the middle of General Conference.  We actually received the voicemail between the Saturday sessions. It was pretty intense. The verdict? I will be staying, and I will be training!! I'm kind of scared out of my mind.  I don't know what they were thinking, but apparently you aren't allowed to decline a call to be a trainer..... just kidding :) I'm super excited because I know that this is when I will learn the most.  It will be a growing experience for me, and growing doesn't happen without it's growing pains. It's gonna be hard, but that's ok! The hard times make us rely on the Lord.  I don't even know who my companion is going to be.  She's still in the MTC right now, so I'm just kind of floating until she gets here tomorrow.  My companion for the day is Sister Heaton, who is also waiting for her greenie.  It should be a good experience.  I'll let you all know how I'm doing at the end of next week!
Hay que tener fe!
Sister Pratt 
Found another Silverado sign!! I think it's my goal to find as many as possible on my mission :)

Brother Miranda had a Bday!

We found a pretty sweet Bolo tie! We actually made Brother Miranda wear it one Sunday when he was conducting.

I also found this picture and thought it was hilarious

On exchanges, Sister Metcalf and I got to clean out this really nasty pond........ like super nasty I can't even describe.  


we also found a cute frog 


More pond pictures!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment