Monday, March 24, 2014

The Mission is awesome!

 The mission is awesome! I love my companion, and I LOVE my area.  The people are just great, and we never have a lack of people to see... ya know? I don't know if any of you had this problem, but a lot of missionaries have a hard time keeping busy between the hours of 12-4 pm.  We don't really struggle with that! Maybe because it's an older area, and there are more retired people... who's to say?  
   I haven't seen Frozen yet, and it's killing me.  I've heard so much about it, and I remember seeing all the previews before I came out!  We actually went to one family's house, and they had it on, so I've caught glimpses! It just makes me want to see it more, though! Also, the Miranda's play the music all the time... it sounds pretty hip.
   A movie I have seen is the Testaments.  I'm not exaggerating when I say that it's my new favorite movie! Sister Hatch and I have watched it probably 6 times in the past week.  It's just about an hour long, so we come home and put it on during our lunch hour.  If you haven't seen it--SEE IT!  If you have--see it again! It gets me every time!
   Transfers happen again in a couple weeks, but I don't think I'll go, yet.  They are trying to keep people in areas for longer as the flood of missionaries ebbs.  In the fall, there were sets of 40 missionaries coming in at a time! People often trained after 6 weeks of being in an area, and you usually didn't stick around in a place longer than 3 months. Now that things aren't as crazy and the transfers bring only about 10 missionaries, they are trying to settle things down and keep you put for longer.  I'm happy about it, though, because I love this area!
   I can't believe Jeanette's having her baby this week!! Well, I guess I can believe it because from what I hear, she's about to pop! Be sure to send lots of pictures :)  (as usual).
   I'm so happy that your mission papers are going along well! I love telling people that my parents are going on a mission!! I think it really surprises people, but it wouldn't if they knew our family...
   We had a really good week this week, besides one main thing. Our investigators are getting kicked out of their house! It's so sad.  They are a brother and sister.  Over the past year or so, they have both been let go from their jobs, and are having a really hard time finding work.  We went over and helped them pack up all their stuff. It was heart-breaking!  As missionaries, I wish we could do more to help them find employment, housing, etc, but we can really only teach them.  Thankfully, they have good friends in the ward that love to help out.  
   Anyway, that's all I've got really for this week.
Hay que tener fe!
Sister Pratt
 This is a family that we're teaching.  They're actually active, but their son is being baptized in a couple weeks, and they want him to know what we teach other people.  They're such a cute family!
 
 
This was a funny church sign since it was really sunny that day.
 

We painted a house!
 
 
 
  

No comments:

Post a Comment