Monday, April 28, 2014

"Look, Ma! I'm growing!!

   That isn't a quote from anything--It's just the first thing that popped into my head.  I'm growing SO MUCH! It has become ridiculously apparent to me that my experiences right now are preparing me for the rest of my life. Prayer has become so much more of a comfort to me instead of just communication.  I also love my Mission President.  He is such a blessing in my life to guide me.  Anytime I have a problem, he points me to the scriptures! He teaches by example that the answers we need come from the Lord and the Prophets.  The learning curve as a trainer is ridiculous.  
   I was so surprised when I got Mom and Dad's email about their call to serve, but I am so happy for you! I had the wonderful experience of the Spirit confirming to me that this is what the Lord has had in store for our family for a very long time.  I'm just so happy that you were able to understand and feel God's will at this time.  I CAN'T WAIT!! I'm so excited to tell my Mission President. You'll have to forgive me for paraphrasing my call letter: "More blessings than you yet realize await you as you accept this call to serve the Lord."  I goes something like that... I know it's true!!  I love you so much. I know that you are about to step into one of the greatest callings you'll ever have.  Also, does this mean that you'll be released as the Stake Young Men's President? Mom, will you still be a seminary teacher? Don't even worry about not getting your call for Mother's Day! It will be so much better when I'm actually there to see it!
   The connections are actually pretty crazy here.  I'm glad you got in touch with Dad's cousin. In Ward Council the other day, the clerk said to me, "Is there anyone you don't know?!"  Apparently it's a running joke... But yeah, the Luvai family is great. We love going over there, and the kids are a hoot!
   Where does Sister Walker live?
Sorry this letter is so short... I'll try to round up some pictures.

Sister Pratt

Party!


Our mission at a glance

a cute little farmhouse I saw

No comments:

Post a Comment