Monday, April 21, 2014

Easter!!

Ok. Before you do anything else, I want you to stop reading... not right now because then you won't know what I want you to do. You can just stop reading at the end of the paragraph.  Anyway, when you stop reading, I want you to go to mormon.org/because of him and watch the video there. It is amazing! We've showed it to about everyone we've seen in the past week. I love it so much. Ok. Now. 
   It is the next paragraph, which means you should have gone and watched the video already. If you haven't, shame on you. I gave very specific instructions.  This week has been great. It didn't feel like a normal Easter holiday because it lacked all of the normal family traditions.  With that being said, I think this has been the most uplifting, spiritual Easter weekend I have ever experienced.  I was able to focus on Christ and forget about the eggs and bunnies.  It was wonderful.
   Dad, that is so crazy that you're retiring! I can't believe it either. Do you think your mission call will come before Mother's Day? I sure hope it does! I would like to see you open it.  I've heard that there are a lot of options available for couple missionaries and that you can choose if you want a service mission/proselyting mission/etc.  Is that true? What did you pick? Or did you just leave it all open to see where they need you? 
   I'm so happy that the Sisters could teach in your home! It's the best experience to have members you trust.  The next step is finding them someone to teach. ;) How long has Frank lived on the Pace's ranch? Because I remember meeting the renter once when I was little--probably isn't the same guy, though.
   Isn't that a crazy coincidence about Sister Low and Sister Hunter?  I remember the first time I met Sister Hunter, who lives a street down from us, she had just gotten back from a vacation in Seattle.  I knew it was a long shot, but I asked if she knew the Low family. She did!! It was really a tender mercy in my eyes.  
   Something that happened this week, was we went on exchanges--always a blast! We also found 3 new investigators... out of the 5 that was found by our whole zone. I feel like we've been working really hard in this area without any results, and now people are coming out of the woodwork to be taught the gospel.  It's been really encouraging.  
   Well, I'm short on time today, so this is it, but I'll try to send some pictures, too.
Love,
Sister Pratt
we found a polar bear.... in Idaho......
just kidding. It was just a big fluffy white dog

Sister Metcalf

I got to take a picture with a  hand chair...
pretty sweet!

No comments:

Post a Comment