Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Eating Jam Never Lets Wise People Consume Frozen Rasberries‏

(This letter was actually sent on March 31st before the prior post.  Sorry they got out of order)  
A special prize will be given to the first person who emails me with an explanation of this title!
   This week has been a week of MIRACLES!  Our mission has really been focusing on finding new investigators this month, and it seemed like Sister Hatch and I had just hit a rough spot. We were barely getting many lessons--let alone finding new people to teach.  This week we found 5.  That's right, 5.  One of them was just a lady we met walking down the street.  The other 4 were a family that came to church with their neighbor. They are from Korea.  We stayed with them through the 3 hours of church, and they were really interested in learning more.  They might not have understood everything that was taught and said, but I know they felt the Spirit as they sat in the church building.  Sister Hatch and I are really excited to teach them! 
   Also, I don't remember if I told you about the brother and sister that were getting kicked out of their house, but we committed them to baptism last night.  We just really let them know that while everything else in their lives is going crazy, the church will be something for them that will be stable and constant.  No matter where the end up, they can walk into an LDS church building and have the same lessons, the same Spirit and the same fellowship that they are now experiencing. That really hit home for them, and I think it is a motivation for them to invest their time and interest into the Gospel.  It was an amazing teaching experience.  Sister Hatch taught like an ANGEL, and we were united in purpose. The Spirit was so strong, and I have an even greater testimony that He is the true power of conversion in people's lives.
   I'm grateful for your continued prayers on my behalf, and I feel your love and support!  I love you all, and I am indescribably happy that Robin will be going through the temple this Friday. You all will be in my thoughts.
Hay Que Tener Fe!

Sister Pratt

P.S. I forgot my camera today, so I don't have any pictures. Sorry!

No comments:

Post a Comment