Saturday, March 8, 2014

It's MARCH!

   I was so sad to hear about Grandma Pratt's passing. I have never been more grateful for the power of the Resurrection in our lives.  I was sad that I wasn't able to be with the family or with her during those last few days, but I know that she is with Grandpa right now, and they are supporting and protecting me on my mission.  I was also so grateful for the Miranda's and Sister Hatch's kindness and love during this past weekend. I can feel their prayers as well as those of my Mission President. 
  It's such a relieving feeling to know that you are exactly where the Lord wants you to be.  Without that assurance, I don't know how I would get through my mission. It's hard! It's hard when people hate you before you even open your mouth. It's hard when members of the church don't feel the need to share their beliefs.  It's hard when people become complacent and don't think church is important anymore.  Sometimes I wonder why it's so hard. Then, I think of the Savior. I think of Him suffering in agony. I think of Him bleeding on the cross. If it was so hard for Him, why would it be a walk in the park for us? If He sacrificed so much for the work of salvation, why should we think to get an easy way out? It doesn't work like that.  However, the flip side is, because He suffered so deeply for us, He is able to help us through the hard times. He is with us every step of the way.  He never gives up on us.  Through Him is the only way we will ever survive the trials that come to us.  
   I'm grateful for this knowledge that I have. I'm grateful for the chance I have to grow in testimony of my Savior.  Most of all, I'm grateful for the opportunity to share this knowledge and testimony with those that need it--members, non-members, investigators, and less-actives.
Hay que tener fe!
Sister Pratt
Our Bishop trying to build a hot air balloon/floating lantern....it failed.


This is Jeff at the Pinewood Derby.  He got 3rd place.


Mission Collages


We had a water gun fight!

I found a bonnet.  Don't I look nice?

 
 

Brother Miranda made a turban out of brown paper.

Discovering settings on my camera--What better thing to take pics of than crayons?


We got a new bishopric, so the ward played this game to get to know them better--super funny!


This is the White family--we love them.  Brother White is our former ward mission leader.


"Famous Daves"   SOOOOO good!

Finding cool things on my camera.


Got lost and took a little tour of downtown Boise.


Cutest stray bunny I've ever seen!

Jackson photo shoot


We taped socks on his feet--he didn't like it.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment