Monday, February 24, 2014

I'm Staying!!!

   I know you were all on pins and needles to know about transfers.... Just Kidding, you probably didn't realize they were even coming up! Anyway, Sister H and I are both staying, and I'm super excited.  This is actually the first transfer I've had without a change, so that will take a little bit of getting used to, but I think they're trying to do that more in the mission.
   I love being a missionary!! It's my favorite thing to do. I love feeling like an instrument in the Lord's hands--especially when it involves talking to His children.  There are so many times when someone will confide in us or tell us their problems. If it was just me, I would have NO idea what to say or how to help them, but the wonderful thing is, our Heavenly Father know EXACTLY what to say and do that will help them the most.  I love those times when, through the Holy Ghost, He helps me help them.  It's such an amazing experience.  We have had a couple of those this week. Often, when we visit less-active members of the church, they will open up to us about their concerns and reasons for not coming.  Sometimes it's getting offended, sometimes it's health problems, and sometimes it's a lot more complicated than that.  Every time, if Sister H and I are unified in the Spirit, we will have a scripture or a thought come to mind that helps them with that concern.  I testify that those promptings do not come from me.  I know they don't come from Sister H either. They come from our Father in Heaven who loves us and loves those we are trying to serve.
   I guess, in short, I am learning more and more that life is all about being a more worthy servant of God.  It's doing what He would have us do because He knows best.  It's being humble enough to submit our will to His.  It's being in tune with the Spirit and following the promptings that He shares with us. Truly, it is loving God more than everything else.  

Hay que tener fe!
Sister Pratt
Let's start off with some GORGEOUS scenery... I love this area so much


It's been a long day at work for Jackson!! Haha we decided that my plan B career path is going to be pet photographer!



So this picture actually deserves a long explanation.. we found this HUGE box, and decided to paint it for the Elders in our district. We made each of the sides of the box resemble one of the missionaries by customizing their ties and nametages, etc.  4 days later, at District meeting, they all file in with their cardboard ties on! It was seriously the funniest thing ever.

I realized I hadn't sent pictures of Jeffrey's baptism yet!!  Here are a couple.


These are from cleaning the church! Sister Hatch and I didn't know what job to take over, so I decided I should dust the lights in the gym because no one ever does that! It was pretty fun :)


we found a really fat turkey....

.......so naturally Sister Hatch decided to become friends with it!


.....And some GORGEOUS sunsets. This place is unreal!

(I also found the sunset setting on my camera, so that might've helped)



super cute baby!




No comments:

Post a Comment