Monday, December 16, 2013

Socks that Stay UP!

         I now understand Dad's plight. Socks that stay up are really hard to come by. I never appreciated that until now. I wear boots everyday, and my socks are always sliding! Anyway, I just wanted to put that out there.
      In other superficial news, the sunsets here are the most beautiful that I have ever seen! It seems like every evening my breath is taken away.  Every time I look at the sky, I can't believe it!  I've tried to capture it in pictures, but it hasn't worked so far. 
   There was another exciting thing. Sister Chen and I were looking through our car, trying to clean it out, and we found a Mormon Tabernacle Choir Christmas special with David Archuleta cd. It's a gem. We listen to it a lot! My favorite song on there is Silent Night.  I don't know if you'd be able to find it, but you should try to look it up anyway. 
   Other than that, we've just been trying to get the ball rolling in this new area! Both of our wards had Christmas Parties (the best), and it was a great time to meet Less-Active and Part-Member Families.  We had fun, and we made Banana Bread for one of the parties that was potluck. It was pretty successful, if you ask me.
   Another thing that we've been doing is going on splits with the Relief Society Presidency every week. It's so fun to go with them and get to know more sisters in the ward.  It's the best. Right now we're focusing a lot on finding people to teach and serve... because we don't have any progressing investigators. We know that with more diligence, though, we will find those prepared to receive the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
 
I love you all, and can't wait to talk to you on Christmas!
Sister Pratt
Trying to catch one of those sunsets--didn't work

Beautiful portrait of the sister missionaries.  I'm the big one!

Our dinner appointment, had OUR COUCH!  Felt right at home.

Frost on the Trees

Favorite movie!

Ward Christmas Party--Polar Express
 

No comments:

Post a Comment