Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Merry Christmas!

   I'm so excited to be able to talk to many of you in just a few days! It will be a special time.  I feel like so much has happened this past week, so I will try to get through it all. If I don't, hopefully I'll be able to tell you about it over Skype!
   First of all, let me tell you about the area that I am in.  We cover one family ward (Hobble Creek) and one ysa ward (Boise 3rd). They obviously are very different, and because Sister Gummow has only been in the area for one transfer, we are still trying to work out the kinks and adjust to the differences. Let me just tell you, though, that I love it already! And I love serving with Sister Gummow! She has taught me so much, and we laugh together all the time. I wish I had a picture to send you, but we forgot. Maybe next week.
   One cool thing that is happening in our area is that we have someone getting baptized this coming Saturday! It's kind of an interesting situation, though, because we didn't really teach him. He lives in Hobble Creek, and has been taking the missionary lessons for probably more than 4 years. He just wasn't ready.  However, when he graduated and went to basic training for the Army, he grew so much spiritually and felt ready to take that leap of faith.  He was taught by the missionaries on base, but wanted to be baptized here in his home ward where everyone he knows will be there to support him.  It's going to be a really cool experience. We're excited to be there.
   There was one funny story this week that happened in our missionary District Meeting. We were all just standing around doing a skill check, when a random lady walks into the room. She just said, "I'm sorry to interrupt, but I just wanted to know about your church."  It was crazy. You could see all the Elders eyes light up. It was a really cool experience, too, because we were able to take her on a tour of the church building, and she really just felt the Spirit.  The Zone Leaders set up an appointment to go teach her. I'll let you know what happens if we get any updates.
   Also, we've had mice in our house. It's kind of a long story that I've told too many times this week. Maybe I'll tell you about it later. It's just been funny to see my companion freak out any time she sees something move on the floor. Always a party!
Well, I love you!
See you soon!
Sister Pratt
 
I only have one picture this week...... but it's a pretty cool one! It's been good to catch up with Sister Rogers--we are in the same zone!!

No comments:

Post a Comment