Monday, January 5, 2015

It's officially COLD!

   On Christmas Eve, it snowed, and I haven't seen the grass since then! Every time I think it will clear up, it starts snowing again. I'm starting to get pretty tired of it, but I can't complain! At least I have a car, right?
   This week was one of those weeks that makes you laugh and shake your head because EVERYTHING goes wrong. For the first couple days, I was getting stressed and a little discouraged.  Then, I realized that the only way I was going to survive the week is if I looked on the bright side.  There were honestly times when we were laughing because we knew that if we stopped, the tears would come in its place. I'm so grateful, though, for a companion that understands me.  This trial would be much harder without her. 
   I don't want to go into all of the frustrating things that happened this week because honestly, I don't want to remember them. The main one that pushed me over the line was when I got a call from Sister Venable and Sister David this week, telling me that Emily's parents weren't letting her be baptized on Saturday. For those of you who don't remember, Emily was the teenage that I taught in Star that had Joseph Smith's account of the first vision memorized! She was so prepared, and everything was going smoothly until her parents thought she was rushing into things, and they cancelled the baptism. That, plus some other things that happened, put a damper in my week, to say the least.
   I want you all to know, though, that I am growing and learning from this whole experience!  I've decided that it's ok for me to go through trials as long as I get something out of them.  Sister Gummow and I are working really hard to find out what it is that we do need to learn. 
   Well, I hope that you all are doing well and are staying warm!
I love you.
Sister Pratt
Christmas!  We matched!!!

Some belated Christmas decorations that we put up in our room. They are snowflakes that change color!

Exchanges! I got to be with Sister Schick :) It was way fun, but we ran out of miles, so we had to walk some. It was really cold.

I found this in some store... It reminded me of those Birthday chairs we had. This would be the new and improved version

 

No comments:

Post a Comment