Friday, December 12, 2014

I made a chameleon mad this week...


  Yeah, there isn't much to that story, but I did think it was something to write home about.  We were visiting this family when they mentioned that they had a pet chameleon! I told them that I wanted to be a chameleon when I was little, and the boy immediately went to get him, so we could be introduced.  Turns out, this particular pet and I didn't mesh too well, and he started swelling up with his mouth open wide (the way that creepy dinosaur does in Jurassic Park before he spits).  It was actually a little scary.
   Another bit of news is that transfers are coming up this week! On Saturday we get the call. Everyone says that I will be leaving Star because I've been here for 4 transfers now, but I'm trying to prepare myself for whatever happens.
   We taught a lot of people this week that gave me some mixed emotions. We are teaching some people that are just super prepared and that soak everything up! We are teaching others that just can't seem to believe anything we say.  I was thinking about that a lot, and someone's testimony yesterday in Sacrament Meeting basically summed up my thoughts.  Brother King stood up and just bore a powerful witness of our Savior, Jesus Christ. He also bore his testimony of the prophet, Joseph Smith and the Book of Mormon.  Then, he said this: "I choose to believe." Those words hit me so hard.  It's a choice.  If someone chooses to believe, there is nothing anyone can say to deter them from that. Likewise, if someone chooses not to believe, there is nothing anyone can say to help them.  All we can do is try to bring the Spirit into their lives. 
   Anyway, that just really stood out to me. I want all of you to know that I choose to believe in Jesus Christ. I made that choice a long time ago, and I'm sticking to it!  I love Him, and I'm grateful for this time of year when we can celebrate everything that He has done for us.
Love,
Sister Pratt
 

DECEMBER CHALLENGE-  I did OK on the challenge last week! I only missed one day of using my word. 
This next week, my word will be fruition.... I kinda like it. It's fun to say! What has everyone else been using?
 
We saw a gorgeous rainbow this week!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment