Thursday, November 7, 2013

I MISS YOU!

Mom and Dad,
     I MISS YOU!!  But I know that our lives and the lives of countless others will be blessed by my service here.  Sometimes it is frustrating to see someone turn down something that will make them so happy...really frustrating.  I can only imagine how our Heavenly Father must feel when we do something we know is wrong or forfeit blessings for worldly pleasures and comforts.
     We actually had a pretty discouraging lesson the other night.  This man was too stubborn/lazy to even find out if it was true.  We have been teaching him lessons, and he isn't progressing at all because he won't read the Book of Mormon.  I actually was rather blunt with him, saying, "We can't shove this down your throat...if you EVER want to know if the things we have taught are true, you have to read the evidence of our words!  it's all hanging on the Book of Mormon."  I testified my heart out...it didn't do anything.  The most obnoxious part is we aren't even asking him to join the church!  We are just asking that he find out for himself whether or not it is true.  I don't understand why people won't even do that.
     I'm beginning to understand how important agency is to our Father in Heaven.  He watches some of His children do evil and terrible things every day because He wants them to be able to choose their own path.  Wow.  I don't know if I would have that strength.
     Not all the people we teach reject our message, though.  There are many who are earnestly seeking truth and have been prepared to receive the restored gospel of Jesus Christ.
   By the way, thank you so much for the package!!  My companions felt so loved.  I think the candy will last us a while because we're all trying really hard not to gain weight...easier said than done when you have a feast every night!  The members here feed us SO WELL!
     Also, I learned some Mandarin Chinese!  I LOVE YOU

I also learned "Merry Christmas" but that's a lot more complicated...
     Anyway, I love you!  Your support and prayers are so appreciated!
EPED  Sister Elizabeth Pratt

No comments:

Post a Comment