Thursday, January 29, 2015

WOW!

   Wow. I really have no idea what to say. I feel like this has been the fullest week of my mission! Elder Russell M Nelson came to our mission to speak to us, and it was such an amazing experience. His wife also spoke, as well as Elder Alder and Elder Martino (of the 70) and their wives. I cannot even describe how wonderful I felt as I watched each of them testify of our Savior and Redeemer, Jesus Christ. My hand was flying down the page as I tried to capture every word of what they said. I know that I didn't get everything, but I at least preserved a portion of the Spirit that I felt there. 
   President Winder is an inspired man. He knew that we wouldn't be able to understand or digest everything that would be given to us at that meeting. He gave us counsel found in 3 Nephi 17:3.  "Therefore, go ye unto your homes, and ponder upon the things which I have said, and ask of the Father, in my name, that ye may understand, and prepare your minds for the morrow, and I come unto you again."  We were asked that after the conference, we would leave and go straight to our apartments to have an hour of pondering and reflection.  Then we had an hour of companion study where we talked about what we learned and how we can apply it to our missions. It really helped me to internalize everything that I heard, but I'm not sure how much of it I can really articulate. 
   One of the things that stood out to me as Sister Nelson was speaking was a comment she made about a "pre-mortal dvd player."  She said that if we could just see 10 minutes of who we were before this life, our problems would melt away.  True peace and an ability to make the correct decisions come from increased understanding of who we truly are and who we can become. I found that interesting because I've always focused on having an "eternal perspective" by thinking about my potential in the life to come. I haven't ever concentrated on the other direction of eternity. I don't often let my divine nature and my knowledge of my pre-mortal character and decisions affect my life here.  I know that is something that I can improve on.
   I don't have time to tell you all of my impressions and thoughts throughout that meeting, but I can tell you that I have an unshakable witness that Elder Russell M. Nelson has been called by our Savior, Jesus Christ, to be a special witness of Him. I know that he is a prophet of God and that he can receive revelation for us.  I know that by following the words of the Prophets and Apostles, we will grow closer to Christ and have the opportunity to improve the quality of our lives. I'm grateful for the lessons I learned this week, and I'm grateful for all of your continued support.
Love,
Sister Pratt

P.S. The power trio got split up today! Sister Rogers is going back to her old area, and Sister Gummow is off to Eagle! My new companion is Sister Kingsolver!! (If that sounds familiar, it's because we were companions last July.)  Crazy!
SIster Rogers is crazy about selfies...especially ones in the car!

We always had to take a nice one and a weird one.

My Crazy Companions!

We made this nice old man a cake for his birthday

This is us with the Ward Mission Leader for the YSA ward right before an appointment. I know. Super professional :)

Sometimes Sister Rogers would surprise you with taking pictures just to make us look awkward.

We went to Texas Roadhouse as our "last hoorah" when we found out about transfers.


                          This morning, driving to the mission office with all of their luggage spilling out of the car!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment