Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Transfer #10

Thankfully, Sister V and I haven't been transferred! Yay!! I am so happy to be staying in Star. I love the people here, and I know that I can still learn a lot from them.  We're about the only ones that didn't get changed, though. We lost 5 members of the zone, including a Zone Leader and a District Leader and Sister Molbek! I'm going to miss her a lot.
   This week has been pretty wonderful. I have just been loving every bit of missionary work--the finding, the teaching, the randomly walking around and talking to people in their front yards.  We did a lot of that last one because of dropped appointments and people not being home, etc. It was actually really good, though! We found a couple people to teach that way, and taught some lessons.  It was a fun time. 
   Our investigators are doing pretty well, and a lot of them are continuing to progress! One man we were teaching is actually in jail right now... so our lessons with him have been put on hold.... but other than that, things are going great!
   For Halloween, we had to be in our house by 6 pm, so Sister V and I decided to bake! We made onion soup for dinner, cookies, fudge, pie, etc. We went ALL out. It was so much fun! Then we watched the church movie Together Forever--you know, the super cheesy one with all the 80s music? Yeah, it was a good time! Then we went to bed an hour early. That's what I call a party!
   The most wonderful thing that happened this week, though, was our Zone Conference! Elder Godoy of the Seventy came to our mission and gave us some amazing instruction. He taught us about developing Christlike attributes and about "becoming." Something that stood out to me was when he asked us, "Are you having challenges? I hope so!"  Trials are those things that help us grow the most. So often, we think that struggling is a sign that we aren't as strong as we should be, but without the struggle, we wouldn't be strong at all! 
   The one thing that I got most out of his training was just his animation and love for the Gospel of Jesus Christ. Simply being around him made you excited about missionary work and sharing the gospel. He really just radiated love for our Savior. I have a lot of respect and admiration for him.  
Well, I hope your week is amazing and full of miracles!
Sister Pratt
We carved pumpkins!! Sister Venable did a scary one, and I experimented with "CTR"


We switched name tags for Halloween!

Cutting onions makes me really sad, apparently...

Our Open House at the church--we had a bounce house!! It was so cool and weird at the same time.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment