Sunday, November 30, 2014

Thanksgiving!!!

 It will be a little short today. As I had informed Mom and Dad (and as I'm sure they relayed to most of you), we had our P-day delayed this week because today we got to go to the temple! It was amazing. As always. I just had the Spirit confirm to me that the Temple is a very sacred place and that by attending, we can grow closer to our Father in Heaven.  I love it. I hope each of us that can attend will do so as much as possible. Never take it for granted! 
   Anyway, how was everyone's Thanksgiving? Ours was amazing. We are so blessed to have wonderful and caring ward members that want to make sure we are taken care of.  We actually lost count, but I think we had at least 8 families invite us over to share their meal/evening with them.  We only got to 3.... the Henrie family, the Moomey family and the Wambolt family.
   I think the most special visit was with the Moomey's.  They have a son on a mission right now, so they wanted us to feel as much "at home" as possible. They asked us about our family traditions, and when I mentioned Mom's famous Lemon Meringue Pie, she went so far as to request Mom's specific recipe!  It meant so much to me. It was a great day. I have so much to be grateful for! I can't even begin.
   I love you all so much!
Sister Pratt
 

A painting service project!

 
LET IT SNOW!  LET IT SNOW!!  LET IT SNOW!!!
(11/17/14)
   That's basically the biggest part of this week. It snowed. Not just a little bit, but it was snowing for about 36 hours without stopping. Civilization here basically shut down. It was intense. Sister Venable and I almost died twice on the first day because I never learned how to drive in the snow, but we went to a parking lot to practice, so now I'm better. 
   On the 2nd day of the snow, we got together as a district for lunch/a huge snowball fight. Somehow it ended up being Sister against Elders, which never works out well, especially when none of the Sisters can throw very well. It turned out to be target practice, with the Elders just pelting us over and over again. Fun times.
   Also, this week, I got to go on exchanges with Sister Clegg in Eagle. It was super fun, and I loved meeting some of the people she was working with. We went to visit a crazy lady (I've met her before on exchanges) & she answered in her pajama pants. So naturally, my companion says, "I like your pajamas." She responds, "Thanks, I just peed my pants..."  It was all I could take not to just bust up laughing.  It was pretty hysterical!
   Well, we don't have a whole lot of time today to email, so I'll just send you some of the pictures of the snow.... They should be able to give you a glimpse of what this week has been like. Also, it started snowing again this morning. Dang.
   Have a great (warm) week!
Sister Pratt

 

No comments:

Post a Comment