Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Well, hello there!

  Well, this week has been amazing! Instead of having our district meeting in a regular church building, our district decided to take a hike! It was pretty crazy. I have no idea how they got it approved (maybe they didn't ask). Anyway, it turned out to be a wonderful experience! The training was on prayer and personal revelation, so the District Leader told us all to come with a question that we wanted to receive revelation about. During the meeting, we all split off in this clearing and just had personal prayers. It was so wonderful to feel the peace of nature and the Spirit. I learned a lot and was inspired by the testimonies that were shared afterward.
   Well, the other amazing thing that happened this week was General Conference (obviously)!!  I decided to take the Conference challenge and pray for a question to be answered. Well, I didn't really have a question, but there was something I wanted to hear.  I was praying all last week to have someone testify of the Prophet Joseph Smith. I just wanted to feel the Spirit and power of their testimony. Well.... then Elder Anderson started speaking.  It was a whole talk dedicated just to that! I was almost laughing because it was exactly what I had prayed for. It was almost ridiculous. I know that God hears my prayers, and that the Prophets and Apostles of our day receive their inspiration from Him. 
   That's all for this week! Hope you're lovin life as much as I am!
Sister Pratt
The promised picture of the dress Mom sent me!

Happy Halloween!  This little girl was really fond of this terrifying mask.
 
September 29, 2014
"Not Much To Say"
 
I know you're all probably waiting to hear the news about my new companion! Her name is Sister V, and she is from Hammond, LA. She has the greatest accent, and I wish she would just talk all the time. I love her voice! The other crazy thing about her is that she isn't actually new.... I mean, she's new to Idaho, but she has already served in the Baton Rouge mission for 8 months as a service missionary. So... I'm not really training her at all. Haha, talk about pre-trained! She is such a hard worker, and we totally killed it this week.
   We are both SO tired right now because this morning we played nerf wars with our zone for like 2 hours. I'll just tell you about one funny thing that happened this week. Elder C ate a ghost pepper. You might not think that is funny... but it was HILARIOUS. A member in our ward grows them in his garden, and the Elder asked for one. When we gave it to him, his companion joked with him, "You should just eat it right now." He declined the first time, but without much pressure (seriously, we didn't even make him do it) he just popped it in his mouth. The effect was pretty bad, as you can imagine, but we were all laughing so hard! He was like sweating and crying and looking like he was gonna die. His companion texted us later, "Best. Day. Ever." It was a pretty memorable experience.
   Well, I finally got all the pictures from the zoo trip! Enjoy.
Love,
Sister Pratt
.
Saying Goodbye to Sister Chen


 
Dart Zone, it was so much fun, but I am going to sleep well tonight!
I found my street!

Now for the zoo pictures!

Aren't we all so cute!

CONDORMAN!  bababababududududubabbuhdada CONDORMAN!

Chillin' with the zebras

I love all of my hermanas!

I'm finally in my element- SAND

Check out these Pratt ears!
 
Dinosaurs?  At the Zoo?

My new companion and I!

Me falling asleep on my way home from Dart Warz.  I was pooped!
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment